Plate Cleaning/Shot Blasting Machine-
Now a day, sheet metal plates are the main element of any fabrication work & a clean, rust and scale-free surface of the plate is a fundamental requirement for the anti-corrosion treatment of rolled steel products i.e. sheet metal plates.
Thus, to serve the above purpose, we specially design the Plate cleaning or Shot Blasting Machines to remove surface contaminant or clean and roughen a smooth surface before applying a primer or coating. Rust and mill skin are two surface contaminants which need to be removed to ensure a reliant adhesion of the primer or coating afterwards
These machines are fully automatic and equipped with Roller Conveyor type Job Conveying system. The use of a shot blasting system is a cost-effective means of reducing today's high manufacturing expenses while improving the quality of your product.
These Machines are generally used for-
1. Remove of Heat treated scales from the surface of the Plates,
2. Rust Removal
3. For removal of old paint from metal surface of ships and other structural steel components.
4. For creating rough surface for proper bounding of the primer/paint.
Working Principle of the Plate Cleaning Machine-
It consists of inlet and outlet side Roller conveyors as material handling systems. The plates to be blasted are placed on inlet side of the roller conveyor, from where it travels forward and enters into the inlet tunnel. After passing through the inlet tunnel components enters into the blast zone which consists of Blast Wheels. These Blast wheel units are strategically placed around the Blast cabinet. The arrangement of the blast wheel ensures optimum blast cleaning and maximum utilization of the abrasive energy. Blast wheels fires the abrasive at high velocity on the forward moving plates & blast cleans them thoroughly. Blasted material moves forward and enters into the outlet tunnel.
A Dust collection system is provided with the machine which will continuously remove the dust and fine particles, thus keeping the inside of the machine and the nearby environment dust & pollution free.
These Type of Machines basically consist of under mentioned Parts-
- Main Blast Cabinet with inspection Door
- Mn. Steel Overlapping Tiles inside cabinet & on Door.
- Vestibule at Inlet & Outlet Side
- Rubber Curtain Type Job Passage opening at inlet & outlet side.
- Blast Wheel Units with Drive Mechanism.
- Abrasive circulation unit
- Bucket Elevator unit
- Abrasive Separation/Cleaning system with Storage Hopper
- Automatic Abrasive Control Mechanism (SOUNDABRATOR unit)
- Dust Collector with Cleaning Mechanism.
- Brush-Off & Blow-Off unit at outlet side.
- Roller Conveyor Type Job Handling system at Inlet & Outlet Side.
- Control Panel with PLC Control System.
**(Note- Machine comes with 6/8/10/12 Wheel (i.e. Rotor) Options, selection mainly depends upon the size of the Plate i.e. WIdth, Production Output & surfaces to be blasted)